Just because you’re used to your trusty manual thermostat doesn’t mean it isn’t time to modernize the way you control your heating and cooling system. Accurately managing the temperature of your home around the clock, all year long — especially when you’re not home — can potentially save thousands of dollars annually. Switching to a programmable digital thermostat is a choice that makes a lot of sense.
Updating your home to a programmable thermostat makes it possible to create a calculated, pre-set schedule for when your heating or air conditioning comes on. From daily settings to weekly programming, you gain the ability to maintain tighter control over your energy expenditures.
Programmable thermostats can typically store multiple settings throughout the day and night, without sacrificing the ability to manually execute temperature adjustments. They even typically allow you to create different settings for the week and weekend, depending on the schedule your family keeps.
Programmable Thermostats Help You Heat and Cool Your Home More Efficiently
It’s virtually impossible to properly manage energy consumption in your residence without a digital system. The only way is by manually adjusting your thermostats multiple times a day, including early in the morning and late at night, and getting someone to do it for you when you’re not home. A programmable thermostat is an investment that saves you time and money going forward from the first day it’s installed.
Winter and summer are the most challenging times of year to control utility bills, especially if you live in an area that experiences a dramatic range of temperatures and weather conditions. A programmable thermostat makes it possible to set back your system while you’re asleep or out, and then returns the temperature to your desired settings during the hours your family is in the house. Settings can be changed depending on the season or time of year so you’re able to periodically adjust your system based on the outdoor conditions.
Reasons to Switch to a Programmable Thermostat
- Go green — Digital thermostats promote environmentally friendly heating and cooling practices and sustainability.
- Cut costs — Having a system that automatically turns itself off when not in use can have a dramatically positive effect on your utility bills.
- Increase convenience — With a programmable thermostat, you set it once and forget it for months at a time. No more having to constantly be fussing with the thermostat.
- Centralize control — The nature of a manual thermostat means multiple people are typically adjusting it with little coordination. A unified control panel ensures a plan stays in place and everyone remains on the same page.
- Quality of life — Managing your heating and cooling system with a programmable thermostat means you never have to wake up in, or come home to, a residence that’s too hot or too cold.
From saving money to reducing fuel consumption, choosing a programmable thermostat is a smart choice that continues to pay dividends. If you’re interested in reaping the benefits of updating your heating and cooling system, contact Home Climates for more information today. We’ll be happy to provide additional facts and a full range of solutions for managing your home with greater convenience and efficiency.