Heating/Cooling System Tune Ups in Central PA
Your home’s heating and cooling system is incredibly complex — from air conditioners and furnaces to heat pumps and smart thermostats, the systems contain a lot of sophisticated equipment that requires regular maintenance to prevent problems. Our heating/cooling system tune ups offer you peace of mind regarding your HVAC systems. Whether you are looking for an air conditioner tune up in the spring, or furnace tune up in the fall, we’ve got you covered.
You’ll receive courteous, professional and dependable service with replacement filters and a reminder call each season from an HVAC company that has over 750 perfect reviews! Regular preventative service prolongs your equipment life, ensures your system is running efficiently, and saves energy costs.
HEATING SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
You should schedule regular maintenance for your furnace once a year. We do recommend more frequent appointments for homes where someone has asthma or other breathing issues.
Finding a trusted professional, such as Home Climates, to perform your maintenance ensures that you get the best care. Customers appreciate the way we explain what we’ve done and any issues we notice. The maintenance appointment is generally short. Your technician will take the time to compare the look of your system to the previous year, keeping an eye out for anything that may have changed.
Our technicians focus on quality service when they visit your home. We prioritize customer care, and we want our visits to be as easy for you as possible. You can raise concerns about your heating system with our technician and get the answers you need and save you money in the long run.
You should get your AC serviced once a year. AC maintenance focuses on small improvements that can help your air conditioning run more efficiently. You will see improved airflow, which cuts down on how hard your system has to work just to cool your home.
Many people don’t realize what a difference regular maintenance can make in the efficiency of their system. Preventive services cut down on your long-term worries. When you nip problems in the bud, they won’t develop into something worse.
For instance, mechanical stress in your AC when a fan is not lubricated correctly can spark motors to burn out. Or, moisture from the evaporator coils may overflow when you fail to clear out the condensate pan. Technicians can recognize these signs of potential trouble and keep up with them each time they visit your home.
BENEFITS OF REGULAR HVAC MAINTENANCE
Scheduling annual maintenance can increase the longevity of your system. Your repair specialist will address any small problems that may be building before they become significant issues. Regular maintenance can also save you money because large problems can cost a lot to fix.
Other advantages of heater and AC maintenance include:
- Extending your system’s life.
- Reducing the cost of monthly bills with a more efficient system.
- Maintaining your warranty protection.
- You will also notice better comfort when you get regular maintenance and improve your system’s overall functionality. Maintenance from a professional can result in fewer loud noises and smells related to the HVAC system as well.
HVAC Maintenance Plans in Central PA
|24-Hour Priority Service||x||x|
|Discount on ALL Repairs||x||x|
|Annual Plumbing Inspection||x||x|
|5 year Parts and Labor Warranty on Repairs||x||x|
|Heating AND AC System Tune Up||x||x|
|Waived Service Fee||x||x|
|$500 Repair credit per incident ($2,000 annually)||x|
|$500 Rebate on a New System Replacement||x|
|12-Hour Guaranteed Service||x|
|$29.50 monthly||$16.50 monthly|
|Add on Features (for all plans):||5" Media Filter $60 (for 2 filters )
Humidifier - pad $60 (once a year)
Humidifier - steam $120 (once a year)
Dehumidifier $60 (once a year)
Additional Emerald plans add $8 monthly
Additional Diamond systems add $10 monthly
*Offer available to members of our Easy Care Club
What’s Included in a Preventive HVAC Maintenance Tune Up?
You may have specific concerns that extend beyond this list, or you may realize not every item below applies to you. However, this checklist provides a terrific starting point for the tasks you should include in most regular HVAC checkups. The following items are the bare minimum our expert technicians will check when you schedule an HVAC tune up in York PA:
- Thermostat calibration: This task ensures your thermostat is working correctly and providing precise control over the temperature, as well as offering accurate temperature readings. Your professionals will fix any issues they find with this system, or else confirm the thermostat is working as it should be.
- Lubrication: HVAC systems consist of many moving parts, many of which frequently rub together as they cycle the air in and out of the system. This constant rubbing can lead the pieces to break down and wear out faster than they should. A little lubrication can go a long way toward helping these components achieve a longer lifespan.
- Controls check: This check ensures every control involved in the system works as it’s supposed to. Your tech will make sure the system stops, starts and performs every other function as directed with no issues.
- Blower maintenance: If your blower is dirty, blocked or misaligned, this will significantly reduce your unit’s efficiency. Any routine check should take the time to ensure this component is clean and free from any problems.
- Coil cleaning: The condenser and evaporator coils naturally grow dirty and clogged over time, causing the system to work harder than necessary. By cleaning these components once a year, you help lighten the load on your system, increasing its efficiency, effectiveness and overall lifespan.
- Proper fuel line connections check: If you have a system that runs on oil, gas or propane, this check makes sure every fuel line is connected properly, with no leaks anywhere. If the techs uncover any problems, they will promptly fix these to ensure a healthy system for another year.
- Cleaning and replacing filters: No filter lasts forever. These naturally fill up with dust, dirt and other contaminants, and you will, therefore, need to replace them regularly with new filters. Doing so should be part of any annual checkup.
- Cleaning intake and exhaust vents: Can the air get in and out of your HVAC system with no obstacles? If either the intake or exhaust vents are clogged or dirty, it will limit your system’s efficiency and effectiveness, as well as restricting its ability to keep your air clean. Always make sure to get these vents checked during your annual maintenance.
- Clean accumulated dust and mold: Anything you don’t often handle will naturally have a buildup of dust over time. Make sure to clean this coating off your system every year to ensure the highest level of functioning. Check for mold as well, as this may limit your machine’s functionality while also indicating excessive dampness, which may be a sign of an underlying problem.
You should call in the heating and cooling professionals at least once a year to perform an annual HVAC check that ticks the items off this list, but don’t be afraid to stop there. If you notice a strange sound, smell or peculiarity in your system’s functioning, don’t hesitate to call in a professional opinion, even if it hasn’t been a year yet. Who knows what issues you might catch before they have the chance to develop into a real problem by being proactive like this? Contact us today to talk to an expert!
Whether you have recently upgraded your furnace or A/C, or are trying to get the most from an aging unit, there’s no better investment than a regular home heating and cooling tune-up. In Harrisburg, Lancaster and beyond, Home Climates customers can take advantage of our exclusive service plan to enjoy a number of added benefits: